Saturday, February 4, 2017

Valentine's Day in Kindergarten


Can you believe that it is already February?!?! It seems like it was just New Year's and now we are already a month into 2017. Since it is February, that means Valentine's Day is right around the corner! I am teaming up with some amazing bloggers to bring you some ideas on how we celebrate Valentine's Day in our classrooms and an amazing giveaway, so keep on reading!

One of my favorite books to read for Valentine's Day is Will You Be My Valenswine? It is such a cute story about a little pig looking for a Valentine for Valentine's Day. After we read the story, we make this cute craft and writing activity from Cara Carroll about who our Valenswine is. This one totally melted my heart.

"Mrs. Davis because she is always there for me."

I also send home a note for the children to make Valentine boxes at home as a family project. I love how different and unique they all turn out!






We have been working on Friends of 10 in math and what better way to practice than using Valentine chocolate!!! They love finding different combinations to make 10! To check out more of this fun math activity click here! You can also click on the picture below to grab a copy to use in your classroom!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByX88jF8o5gKVWFtdGdwamRrVkE/view?usp=sharing
click here for your FREEBIE!!!!

Another favorite in my room is Flippy Flaps! My kids are obsessed with making this! These are a fun, hands-on, interactive way for kids to learn about Valentine's Day. Take a peek below.


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Valentines-Day-Flippy-Flaps-Interactive-Notebook-Lapbook-2350467
click here to check this out in my TPT store

I hope you got a few fun ideas to use! Now hop on over to Inside Out with Karen and Kelie for some more great ideas and FREEBIES!!!
http://insideoutkarenandkelie.blogspot.com/2017/02/valentines-day-freebies-giveaway.html
And don't forget to enter below for some amazing prizes!!! Good luck!!!


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Check out some great Valentine's Day products to use in your classroom!