Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 - Year in Review

Can you believe that it's already 2016!!!! This year has gone by so fast and so many great things have happened this year! Today I am linking up with Mrs. Beattie's Classroom for a look back at 2015!


One of y goals for 2015 was to blog more and I think I have accomplished that. In 2016, I am hoping to find the time to blog more than once a week. Fingers crossed!!! Let' take a look back at my top 5 blog posts of 2015!

One of my favorite things to do around Christmas time is having our Elf come and visit. It's so fun to see all the mischeivious things he does and is also a great way to motivate students to behave with all of the crazy Christmas excitment. Come take a peek at how I introduced our new friend and some fun things our elf did!

http://bigideasforlittlehands.blogspot.com/2015/12/elf-antics.html

I absolutely love decorating my classroom, my home away from home. I love walking into my bright room everyday. It alwasy brings a smile to my face. I spend a good bit of my summer adding new details and perfecting it. Come take a look around my room!

http://bigideasforlittlehands.blogspot.com/2014/08/classroom-tour.html

Meet the Teacher Night is one of my favorite days of the entire school year. There is something fun and exciting about meeting your new students and their families for the first time. I try to make this night fun for the students and families so they are ready to start the new year. Come check out some fun ideas I do to welcome the new families to my class!

http://bigideasforlittlehands.blogspot.com/2015/08/meet-teacher-night.html

This year was an exciting year for me blogging. I was invited to join my first collaborative blog! This was a huge honor for me and I was beyond estactic that I was asked to be a part of this amazing group of teachers and to get to know and make more friends! Click below to check out this amazing group!

http://bigideasforlittlehands.blogspot.com/2015/03/friends.html


Over the summer, I participated in a book study that completely changed my Guided Reading time. Seriously, if you have not read this book you need to! Come take a peek at some ideas for your guided reading groups and grab some freebies too!

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Step-Guided-Reading-Assessments/dp/0545133610/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437966671&sr=8-1&keywords=next+steps+in+guided+reading

2015 was an amazing year filled with some many new adventures. I am so excited to see all of the new adventures that 2016 has in store. 2016 will be the best year yet and I cannot wait! Now head on over to Mrs. Beattie's Classroom page to see a look back at 2015 from many other bloggers! Happy New Year and cheers to a great year!

 photo FooterSquare_zps94ddac65.png